INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
To comply with regulation of the Indonesia Financial Services Authority (IFSA) No. IX.I.7 concerning Establishment and Guidelines for the Internal Audit Charter, the Company set up the Internal Audit Unit on December 28, 2009. The Internal Audit Unit forms part of the Company's internal control system for effectiveness and efficiency in the operations of the Company, reliable financial reporting, information on the Company's operations and regulatory compliance. The Internal Audit Unit of the Company is responsible to the President Director.
In performing internal oversight, the Company's Internal Audit Unit has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement the Work Programme of the Internal Audit Unit.
- Test and evaluate the performance of internal control and the risk management system in line with Company policy.
- Examine and assess efficiency and effectiveness in finance, accounting, operations, human resources, information technology and other areas of activity.
- Provide recommendations for improvement and objective information for audited activities at all levels of management.
- Prepare reports of audit findings and deliver these reports to the President Director and Board of Commissioners.
- Monitor, analyse and report on the performance of corrective actions as recommended.
- Work with the Audit Committee.
- Conduct special examinations if necessary.
PROFIL UNIT INTERNAL AUDIT
The Internal Audit Unit of the Company is headed by Tirto Haryanto, who embarked on his career as part of the product design staff of the Company in 1981. In 1985, he joined the Accounting section of the Company. In 2009, he was appointed Head of the Company's Internal Audit Unit. He is actively engaged in participation in various seminars and training courses in Indonesia. Tirto Haryanto has broad insights and experience, particularly in accounting and finance.